Thursday, April 2, 2015

B is for Basic

So, I had all these wonderful plans for decorating Easter eggs this year!  As usual, I researched a bunch of possibilities.  In the past we've done the white crayon technique, the melted crayon drippings, and I've made angry birds.  This year i contemplated those totally glitter ones from Martha Stewart.  My son had to have stuffed eggs for preschool and we got he pack of glitter ones from walmart and for some reason they just stuck in my head as the most gorgeous things ever, but alas...nah.  You know, glitter = craft herpes.  So, then last night I settled on 3 different creations.  6 of each for each kid.  We were going to do 6 ninja turtles, 6 minions, and 6 ladybugs.  Cute, right?  Then my eldest, not thrilled with the idea of minions (because my younger son is a turtle fanatic) came up with the brilliant idea of using half of the 18 eggs to make planets!  I actually tried to figure out how this would be accomplished.  But then when i realized how much time and patience I didn't have this year because I would rather be doing other stuff (imagine that) we came back to basic.  Not too bad if i do say so myself.  And, between boiling water, and waiting for the color to set, 20 minutes tops.  Woot Woot!

Hope your eggs-dying adventures are fantastic too!




1 comment:

  1. I know we're going to have an Easter Egg hunt at our house, but I'm not sure we'll be dying the eggs ourselves. We have family coming over, which will be fun!

    Jeff Beesler
    Jeffrey Beesler's World of the Scribe
    #827

    ReplyDelete