Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for Little Sister

Happy Friday!  I have to apologize to my readers first off because my recent posts have been seriously lacking in substance.  I am not a writer.  I am a working mom with opinions, but i do not always feel the need to bless the world with my opinions, so i really do have to be inspired to write something that you would want to read.  So, last night i was really trying to think of something that inspired me to write and somehow i would figure out how to start it off with an L.  So, instead of S for sister, today is L for Little sister.  

My sister, born at 11:59 pm on June 12, 1987.  Born to be my live barbie doll, or so says my mother.  So the story goes, the child slept through the night at 2 weeks because big sis would never let her take a nap during the day.  I've heard this story so often over the past 25 years, who knows the extent of its truth?  oh well.  it matters not.  Now, I could give you the minute by minute details of some fantastic stories through her life like when she snapped on the evil Jackie Babbs, the 5 year old nightmare of a child who bullied everyone in her way but was a favorite of teachers.  M snapped one day, tackled her, sat on top, and shoved dirt in her mouth and then refused to apologize.  Yes, I could tell you all about that or like the time when she had just started shaving her legs and she shaved one and forgot the other.  Could tell you all about it, but I won’t. 

I instead want to tell you how she surprises me everyday!  How she has become a woman that I respect and admire.  She’s been through a lot of stuff and I find we have a lot in common.  I am jealous, though, that she has traveled all over the place!  I and look forward to growing old together.  We had these two aunts, old as dirt, sweet as pie……well, to us, I’m pretty sure they were not the angelic ladies of the 20’s that society would have had them be.  They were rebels, and traveled, and ruled the roost………and gave out soap (inside joke).  Anyway, I can see my sister and I someday ending up in the same home where our kids dump us and attempting the cheesiest craft projects together.  I will cover the place in hand prints and glitter and she will fill up every container she can find with dried split peas!

I’ve said before, I think it’s a good idea to take a moment to tell people that they are special to you  from time to time.  So, Little Sister….who I know is a reader…….keep surprising me with your new crafty-gene and keep sharing!  I love you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post and there is nothing like having a sister. I tease my kids now that the sibling after them was born to be their own live play thing. The youngest will get a pet LOL.

    ReplyDelete