Saturday, April 20, 2013

Q is for Quality


So, as if this was obvious to regular visitors to our house.......the hubby and I do a pretty good job with all the 'extras'.  We are involved in as much as we can be, there is always something on the calendar and we do the best we can with a small budget to whisk the kids off on mini-adventures such as the color hunt or the bouncy house or whatever.  We're also the first ones to step up and plan an event, a trip, a party or help out with whatever needs doing.  I've been told before that I’m a super mom and that the thought of my schedule is exhausting to others........

Well, guess what?  I'm going to reveal a big truth here in front of everyone.  We may be great at the extras, but we SUCK at the normal stuff.  Cleaning, dishes, laundry, taking the trash out twice a week, yard work..........yeah, that's the stuff that just doesn't come naturally to us.  Fights frequently break out over the basic housework because we just can't seem to get it together.  There, I said it.  Our big deep dark secret.  We make a good impression when we have people over, but believe me, the 24 hours preceding the visit were crazy, stressful hours.  My poor kids.  We even try to trick them into having 'sock hunts' or 'Lego hunts' just to get them do something that isn't creating one more mess!  

Ok, I feel better.  Now another truth, even putting this down in text is probably not going to change a thing.  We have too much fun doing the other stuff!  Our home is in no way unsafe or unhealthy, it just lags a little in the routine stuff......probably why we have so many get-togethers and parties.......to give us a reason to GET IT TOGETHER!    Our kids are happy, we spend lots of quality (bet you were wondering where the word would pop up) time together, and we go to bed exhausted just to wake up and do it all over again.  So, super mom, I am not, but I'll keep trying, ok?

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as if you already are a Super-Mom. The rest of the stuff - well it just has to be good-enough. There is nothing more important than God and family.

    You are Blessed.

    ReplyDelete