Tuesday, April 16, 2013

N is for Nasty!


Yup, Nasty.  Now, I don't mean in the traditional sense, and no, I don't mean that way either, get your head out of the gutter!  I mean nasty in a dieter's sense of the word.  Growing up, we lived by weight watchers.  In fact, once when I had to go to a nutritionist, she told me a few little tricks, like removing the skin from chicken.....to which I responded, "there is skin on chicken?".  Anyway, that could quickly get me off track....so, weight watchers, yes.  Well, a dieting trick in our house was to refer to the not-so-good-for-you-items as 'nasty'.  Because you don't want to eat nasty things, right?  Right!  Try telling little kids that they don't really want ice-cream or cookies or cake or even popcorn with stuff mixed into it because it's 'nasty'.  *eye roll*  anyway, so a 'few' years later, the term has stuck for our family.  So now, anytime, we are going to say the frozen yogurt place, we say we're going to get something 'nasty'.  So, if you're ever behind someone in line at the Sugary Frog place and they refer to their creation as nasty, don't look at us weird, just say "Hey, you’re those people from the blog!"  Now, go make yourself something NASTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment