Sunday, April 1, 2018

A is for the all the A things!

I'm going to attempt the blogger challenge once again....the last time I did this, I only made it a small portion of the way through because i was struck down with some pretty big issues.  I was thinking about where I wanted to go this year other than just getting back in the habit of blogging.  Crazy idea.....I'm looking back the past years that I've done this and wanted to see if I still agree with myself on whatever I came up with then.....so....

in 2012 - Anniversary
In 2013 - April
in 2014 - Adult
in 2015 - Anniversary
in 2016 - Adulting and Acceptance

Are we seeing a pattern here?

Well, April is still true enough.  Today is not only the first day of April and April Fool's Day, but also Easter.  First Easter on my own.  DH had to work and family lives are busy busy, so......i cooked a meal on my own (currently waiting for DH to get home so we can eat it).  Actually, pulled out my wedding china!  First time, EVER! 

Anniversary, still true.  13 years tomorrow!  Love you, babe!

Adulting......well.......I'm still in that range.....now on the other side of the 30's.  In 2016, i described the health issues associated with 2 clots in my lungs.......well, what you don't know is that a little over a week later i was in the hospital again with a severe pain in my shoulder and it was a pericardia effusion.  I ended up with a Pericardia Window surgery.  I now have an exclamation point on my chest and I am thankful every single day for it.  For the hands that healed me, for the family and friends who supported me and my people.  Adulting has a new meaning when the opportunity could have been taken away from me.  I'm committed to living my exclamation point!  May not be in the extreme fashion you may imagine, but in the little things that would have mortified me in past years.  I jumped into the deep end of a pool with my kids....bathing suit and extra weight and all.  I climbed to the top of a blow up water slide and went down it in my clothes in front of my entire Cub Scout Pack of boys.  Those are just a few odd examples, but they were significant to me.  Everyday, I'm saying yes and doing it.  I'll rest someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment