Sunday, April 20, 2014

P is for Procrastination

When you're younger, about high school age, and you are just learning the skills of time management, you probably convinced yourself that procrastination worked for you.  You did a better a job when you wait until the last minute.  Then you continue that into college.  However, as you add on more cards to your life-size game of life.......work, spouse, house, kids, menus, laundry, budgets, birthdays, holidays, bills, etc.............guess what?  Procrastination is just an excuse to be lazy or not manage your time.  I am quite guilty of it at times and it makes me crazy when I look back at all the time I wasted instead of just getting stuff done!  My niece's birthday was this past Saturday.  She wanted a Shirley Temple dress.  Ok.  I started 2 months ahead of time.  i ordered the petite skirt and bought the fabric for the dress.  I had two months..........guess who sat down to make the dress on the Tuesday before the birthday?  Yeah.  And then realized I didn't have a zipper, so it carried over to Thursday.  So, the week of Easter, I'm making a dress......trying hideous egg craft projects......managing the t-ball schedule......packing to go out of town......and and and......I could have had my entire Tuesday freed up for one of these other to-do list things if I just followed through with some decent time management.  Imagine....it only took me a few hours to make the dress......those few hours had to have been somewhere in those 2 months....but were probably spent watching TV or playing candy crush.  Ack.  I start each week with a goal not to procrastinate.  Sometimes I win, other times I don't, but it's only on me when I don't.  DON'T PROCRASTINATE!  YOU'LL JUST BE CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment