Monday, April 7, 2014

D is for Dinner

Now, I can't really say that I wish I had known how important dinner was, but the truth is, I always knew.  Dinner was very important growing up.  Dinner was a time to vent, a time to tease, a time to interrogate, and a time to initiate.  I think both my husband and my brother-in-law could attest to that last point.  if you can't survive Sunday dinner that could last 2 - 3 hours and be an endless loop of stories about Scotland........you aren't going to make it!

So, my point, doesn't really matter what dinner is.......

-  A bunch of appetizers around the kitchen counter ('Mermaids' style, thank you, Cher)
-  A platter of wings and tiny bruschettas on the coffee table while watching some Skins football
-  An 'interesting' dinner of Pinterest successes and fails where everyone smiles at mom and thanks her for trying..
-  or even a no-hold-barred Sunday night turkey dinner with all the fixin's

Or who shows up at the table....

Bring them in, open up, and build some love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment