Sunday, January 13, 2013

Learning Colors

Jackson has been working on his colors for a little while now, but I thought I'd make him something to make it a little more fun.  I saw this a few years ago on Etsy and made one for my friend's daughter.  I should have gone ahead and made a second one then when I had all the good stuff, but I managed to find some suitable items in my craft room anyway.  I'll probably add to this set later one.





Went through my fabric box and found some scraps.  I only needed 6 in squares and decided to go with 10 colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, brown, white, and pink.

 

Then i sewed them together in one long strip and backed them in another piece of scrap material.  Luckily i found a long piece that was multicolored.  I sewed the back to the front in....umm...pillow style?  (right sides together, sew around the edge all but a small opening, then turn it right side out)  


when i closed the opening at one of the ends, i added a small hair-tie so i could roll up the strip and secure it.




Then i found some items in all 10 colors.  fun foam, buttons, ribbon, beads, and i made the things that look like marbles.  I just hot glued two of those flat plant marbles together with bits of colored sequins between them.


Made a bag, and put it all in.


Then, play time!  Jackson had fun matching the colors and each time he matched a color, we'd say the color out loud.


No comments:

Post a Comment