Sunday, April 19, 2020

Kid's Cheese Party - Happy Birthday, J!

My middle son take pride in being able to pick the most obscure birthday party themes that force me to actually dig in my creative brain box verses pinte

rest to design and execute.  Last year, he wanted Cheese.  Yes, a Cheese Party.  Do you know, there are not any Pinterest posts on Kid's cheese parties?  (until now, anyway!)  The only Cheese party you are going to find are those involving wine, grapes, and cute little knives.  So, into the brain-vault we go....Turned out pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.

Invite: Simple printed card that I created.


Decorations:  Everything in Yellow and White

Food:  Grilled Cheese, Cheese Sticks, Cheese Platter, Mac&Cheese, Baked Brie, Mozzarella Sticks  (veggies and fruit so we didn't get too blocked up!) and a cheesecake for the cake.



Games/Activities: 
1) Cheese Tasting.  I bought and cut up 10 different cheeses and created a judging sheet where they had to rank the smell and taste.



2) Cheese making.  This didn't do very well, since i only half listened/watched the you tube video on how to do it.  I didn't use enough milk and well....i tried.

3) Cheese ball Toss.  Each kid got a shower cap, we put a pile of shaving cream on top and then partnered them up.  They had to see how many cheese balls they could get to stick to both their caps as a team.  The winners got bags of candy to share. 




The favors were cheese sticks and baby-bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment