Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pumpkin Chicken Stew

So, I was in the mood for something seasonal and on a whim I bought 2 cans of pumpkin puree.  What to do?  What to do?  Oh yeah, consult Pintrest.  Accept, everything i found had ingredients I didn't currently have and I'm sick right now, so I'm not going out.  After a little browsing, i figured, what the heck, I'll put a bunch of stuff in the crock pot and see what happens.  Turned out pretty good.  The hubby, of course, needed some salt, but said it was pretty good.


All amounts are subject to whatever you have in your fridge/freezer, so I'll just say what i put in, but do what you want!

3 ears corn - kernels cut off (canned or frozen would probably be just fine, but i had this frozen from the summer)
4 carrots
1 big squash
half a bag of frozen peas
mushrooms
1 onion
1 can pumpkin
1 can diced tomatoes
salt
garlic powder
oregano
chili powder
half a box of turkey stock
cooked rice
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

slice, cut, chop up all the veggies.  Put them in the crock pot.  Place the chicken breasts on top.  pour the tomatoes and pumpkin over the top.  add the spices/seasonings.  Pour the stock over everything.  Turn on high for 4-5 hours.  Turn/stir occasionally.  the chicken will start to fall apart by the time you are ready to serve.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment