Monday, March 25, 2013

Did Mary Poppins's Purse Catch Fire?

It's no secret that I carry luggage and call it a purse.  I just like a big purse!  It's so much easier than trying to carry a purse and a diaper bag and any of the other miscellaneous items that moms just....need.  However, after today's incident, I'll try to keep a better eye on the items contained within!  Sitting in a dentist's waiting room, I reached into my purse to retrieve my nook for Mikey to play, it was hot to the touch.  Now, it is in a case, so it was actually the case that was hot; so after a frantic check, I determined that something else was hot outside of the case and not the nook.....thank goodness.  Reaching back in my purse, something was definitely blazing hot and I could now smell the heat......what on earth could it be??!!  I Carefully located a small pocket of hell in my purse, apparently, I had taken off a metal bracelet a couple of weeks ago and tossed it in my purse.....and, apparently it landed in the same pocket with some spare AA batteries I had for my camera......somehow the bracelet had encircled one of the batteries and made contact with both ends for a period of time.  Glad we sat down when we did!  Any longer, and I probably would have had smoke and a small fire.  The freaking battery was soooooo hot, I had to use one of the kids' back-up shirts to remove it and then let it sit out in the open for about an hour before it was cool enough to be safely thrown away.  So, here it is, a Monday AND it's snowing AND I have a dentist appointment AND there I am carrying around a single battery on a shirt through the dentist's office trying not to start a fire.  Of all things..........

Is there already a National Clean Out Your Purse Day?  If not, can we make it today?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment