Saturday, October 20, 2012

I Saw it on Pintrest!

Yes, I'm famous for the little sentence, "So, I saw this thing on Pintrest and....".  Once again, I saw something that was not only cute, but I had everything for!  As mother would say, "It was meant to be!".  The kids helped with this one too.  Took a board out of my husbands wood pile, cut it into 4 pieces (no need to measure, just eyeball it).  Sanded down the edges.  Then we painted them.  The Pintrest item had a pumpkin, a mummy, a ghost, and Frankenstein's monster.  I was successful with the pumpkin, ghost, and green guy.  However, i though i had some old burlap in my fabric box, but no such luck.  I had already painted the board black with big yellow eyes, though, so, what to do?  AHAH!  An owl!  (My husband said it could also be a raven, but whatever).  While the creepies were drying, we painted another longer board for the base.  I'm not that great at free-hand painting letters, so i just used some fun sticker letters i already had and then did a clear coat over them.  Drying, done.  Screwed it all together and ta-da!  A fast, fun, inexpensive, yet, cute porch decoration.  Go me!  Looking for other stuff to create now, any ideas?  Please share!


No comments:

Post a Comment