Thursday, October 25, 2012

Halloween Bark

After Jackson got in a better mood, I decided to embark on Halloween Bark.  You'll never guess where I found the idea!  Pretty easy, got a 5 different colors of Wilton's Candies from Michael's.  Melted them in the microwave.  then I lined cookie sheets with wax paper, put half of each color on one and half on the other.  I just spread them in messy columns with the back of a spoon.  Then I gave each boy a skewer and had them start drawing in the candy to create a tie-dyed look.  (we're making this for our Tie Dye Halloween party on Saturday)



Then I gave each boy some M&Ms, some pumpkin sprinkles that i found at Michael's and some fruit and nut trail mix blend to sprinkle over their mixed up mess.  I included the nut mix because i felt that just candy was too sweet and it called for something salty.





I placed the sheets in my freezer and walked away.  Half an hour later, pulled them out and ta-da!


Then we just broke it up in to pieces and put them in a box, separating the layers with wax paper.  I think they came out pretty cool and not too thick, either!



No comments:

Post a Comment